Monday, February 24, 2014

I paid only RM5000 for my Pre-Wedding photo package, and got a great deal!

I heard many horror stories of couples being ripped off when they take their wedding photos, so my wife and I were determined not to be the "big carrot for others to chop", especially during our "once in a lifetime" event.

After asking around, we decided on the bridal studio my brother used. On a makan trip to JB, I asked him to bring us to the bridal studio to check out their latest package. We were shown a package starting at RM4588, which included the following (as far as I can remember):

  1. Pre - Wedding photoshoot at 1 of 3 standard locations in JB or indoor studio
  2. Gowns for pre wedding photoshoot (2)
  3. Gowns for actual day
  4. 1 big album (21 photos, 10 page album)
  5. 1 photo for table top
  6. 1 long photo for wall
  7. 1 small wall photo - consists of 3 4R photos
  8. 1 4R photo album
  9. Wedding Car decorations
  10. Soft copy of selected photos
  11. Bouquet
We were lucky my sister-in-law was around to bargain for us. WE DIDN'T NEGOTIATE AT ALL!
My sis-in-law told the sales coordinator, "That time you gave us this & that.... add in lah...." She gave in and offered 32 photos in a 12 page album, estimated value of RM1500 (RM85 per extra photo, RM200 per additional page)!

My wife and only top up able RM400 on a supposedly better type of album, which can last longer.

We made all payments in cash. The SGD to RM exchange rate was SGD 1 to RM 2.50 then, so we decided not to use our credit cards.

So lesson learnt: Bring an expert at bargaining.  

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment