Monday, February 24, 2014

I paid only RM5000 for my Pre-Wedding photo package, and got a great deal! (Part 2)

continued...

We took our photos at Kota Tinggi, one of the "standard locations" in the package, and all in wedding attire. We also agree not to have any “lifestyle shots” in our casual wear. At first, I considered taking photos in my favorite football club jersey. A friend advised that “Lifestyle” shots can be taken at any makeover studio at a fraction of the cost. Also, if we have those shots, the total number of photos for selection will increase too, which may lead to choosing extra photos and getting ripped off! Remember, it’s RM85 per additional photo!

We did the photoshoot over 2 weekdays. We took 2 days leave and stayed in a boutique hotel opposite the studio. Treated it like a holiday lah! We enjoyed the photoshoot even though the weather was hot. It was a unique experience when we took photos in the Kota Tinggi waterfall.

During the photo selection, there we about 200 photos for us to choose. We decide to spend the whole day just choosing the top 32 photos and not add any photos. It took determination but we managed to do it! 

It took us 4 rounds of choosing to finally decide on the top 32 photos, taking a break after each round. We had coffee and wash our faces to refresh ourselves, to make sure we're relaxed and not make any rash decisions. After even round, we stacked up the rejected photos, so there were 4 stacks of photos at the end. Next we arranged the photos on our own so that the 32 photos filled the 10 pages nicely.

Honestly speaking, most of the photos were nice, but we kept reminding ourselves if it's worth paying RM85 for it.

When we finally asked the sales coordinator in, she was puzzled at the 4 stacks of photos on the table. I can still remember the look on her face when I told her those were rejected ones.

She went through the photos and tried to suggest some photos to add in. we rejected all her suggestions. There’s one point when she suggested a photo and I replied, “拍得那么难!”

When she suggested that we spread the photos to additional pages to make it nicer, I replied, “I’m sure your team can make it look nice”.

She gave up and we didn't spend a cent on extra photos.

In the end, after we agreed on the layout, I asked her how much it will cost if I buy the remaining 168 unedited photos in soft-copy. She quoted me RM3000. Just do the math, it’ll be approximately RM18 a piece, instead of RM85! I didn't agree to buy, but she appeared hopeful that I may spend that money.

Think about it, we were most probably the only ones they can sell the photos to. No businessman will say no to extra income. What’s more, the chance of them earning the extra income gets smaller as the actual wedding day approaches. I decided to ask again when I collect the album and gown. I thought of giving them a RM1000, take-it-or-leave-it offer for the rest of the photos.

We made all payments in cash. The SGD to RM exchange rate was SGD 1 to RM 2.50 then, so we decided not to use our credit cards.

After the wedding, I didn't return to buy the photos. And like what most couples tell me, my wedding album is now sitting in my storeroom, collecting dust....


No comments:

Post a Comment