Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sorry Malaysia Airlines.... We decided not to fly with you....


It was a good deal. Return flight tickets from Singapore to Incheon on Malaysian Airlines at less than SGD$700. I booked a pair of tickets and was looking forward to our trip until MH370 went missing....

My wife was worried and asked me to cancel the reservation. However, I felt that it was a one-off incident and I believed that MAS will step up in their maintenance checks and the security would be enhanced in KLIA. I told my wife that we will monitor the developments and decide later since we can still cancel our flights 24 hours before departure. 

The final straw came when we learnt that Malaysia Airlines Flight MH066 from Kuala Lumpur to Incheon, South Korea,was diverted to Hong Kong following a generator failure on Sunday.

We decided to fly with another airline and incur a total penalty of $300 for cancelling the Malaysia Airlines ticket reservation. I had to pay $200 more for each new ticket. 

From the way the Malaysian government handled the MH370 crisis, I have lost confidence in flying with Malaysia Airlines and the airport security at KLIA.

Guess paying more for a peace of mind is worth it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment